[Harp-L] Jeffrey Spoor

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:30:48 -0700
From: Arthur Jennings <timeistight@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jeffrey Spoor Cumberland Custom Cases
To: Jerry Deall <jdeall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

When I grow up I want to have a business selling things to harmonica
players: they'll cheerfully pay up front and then wait for months or
years
to get what they ordered, And when they complain, some other harmonica
player will come along and tell them they don't understand the full
story.

Very clever Arthur. One guy that won't even sign his name claims a fraud
from a fine man that supplies the vast majority of harmonica mic gaskets
to all of us that build or modify mics and you jump on him. I have
purchased literally hundreds of items from Jeffery. He is alive and well
and we all know www.harpmicgaskets.com is not a new site. Jeff bought
this business in 2005 and continues to do a great job. Yes he made the
decision to close his saddle shop that also made fine leather harp
cases. He has not taken new orders in about the last 3 years and the
Cumberland cases web site said so for years before he closed it down. I
do not believe the "medicine man's" claim for one minute. Jeff has some
of his last stock on eBay right now. Comparing this man to any other
purported take the cash and disappear or go out of business is just
plain wrong.

Dave Scudamore