[Harp-L] Jeffrey Spoor Cumberland Custom Cases

Hi, I noticed there were some questions about Jeffrey Spoor on the site which I'd like to add a post on, to stop other people having the same experience as me.  I'd appreciate it if you could put this up.
Kind regards.

I've noticed that on a number of harmonica-related sites there are posts asking whether Jeffrey Spoor and his company Cumberland Custom Cases are still trading because people have paid for items that never materialized.  I ordered a case from Jeff some time ago and, up until the moment that I paid, he was friendly and attentive, responding to my emails promptly and politely.  However, as soon as I paid for the item, he stopped returning my emails and never answered the phone.  I tried him numerous times over a period of a few months and didn't receive a single response.  I originally gave him the benefit of the doubt but eventually asked someone else to email him asking about a potential purchase to see whether he was really receiving and ignoring my correspondence.  He responded almost immediately... I believe he's now shut down his site completely and started a new one at www.harpmicgaskets.com.  I had been looking forward to receiving a
 unique, handmade product but instead I appear to have been conned by this man, like many others it seems.  Please be extremely careful ifyou're planning to buy anything from him.