[Harp-L] New Book-Brainstruments.com

Lee Sankey's project is about completed and he shares his ideas on this
site.  Check it out.  Being a great harp player, he started with that and
visited many world class musicians for input.

Brainstruments is the forthcoming book by Lee Sankey in which he proposes a
new way of thinking about musical instruments. The project combines
neuroscience research with insight from over 40 world renowned jazz, blues
and classical musicians.

About Brainstruments

Ever wondered what separates great musicians from average ones?
"Brainstruments" is my forthcoming book in which I propose a new theory on
what constitutes a musical instrument for a musician - a mental model. The
book features interviews with some of today's leading jazz, blues, classical
musicians and neuroscientists who reveal a fascinating universe of
multi-dimensional mental models.  'Brainstruments' will be of interest to
musicians and music fans. You can find out more about the project, read a
summary paper and follow my progress on this site.

Brainstruments.com

Ron Smith