[Harp-L] Vocal processors

Hi Y'all,

Been back for a few weeks after a decade-ish off of harp-l.

Richard asked about vocal processors.
I'm still using a RP200 for harp, per his recommendation long ago...

For gigging, the TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT is very cool.
Foot switchable and programmable, plus follows guitar or keyboard chords for
harmonies.

Since I'm a recovering harmonica player (I now front and play bass with
maybe one song per night on harp), the vocal sound quality is much more
important than harp tone (I know, boooo).
The Digitech stuff just doesn't do it for me for a great sound for vocals,
unless you're looking for something off the beaten path.

But - try what you've got and see if you like it.
It's free, you're experienced and you'll learn fast what you like and what
makes you cringe.

If you're only working in the studio, there are great plugins for Reaper.
You could try the effects on your studio setup and then find a box that
gives you what sounds good to you.

Have fun!

Ned

p.s. - if you're learning to sing, having great effects will help take your
mind off of tone perfectionism.