[Harp-L] country tuning songs -- Melody Maker

How ironic, iI was at the Fl Harmonica Championship BlowOff in New Smyrna Beach yesterday and Lee Oscar had a workshop demo-ing his tunings. When I saw the Melody maker chart the first thing that came to mind was how similar it was to to the "Smokey Joe Tuning". What advantage is there having the 3 blow tuned to A?

I can't remember if he used the Melody Marker or the Minor Tuning to play Reggae, would any here know which?
Former Ct. Yankee,

Paul