[Harp-L] country tuning songs -- Melody Maker -->> Circular (Spiral) Tuned

If you're going in that direction, why not go all the way to Circular Tuned harps?

No missing notes in the diatonic scale for 2.5 octaves; 5th up to tonic, then 2
full octaves plus a major third. Chromatic notes (blue notes) available with half
tone draw bends. Can be set up to overblow for the remaining chromatic notes,
or can be half-valved (ala PT Gazell's method) for the remaining chromatic notes.

Chords (yes, actual triads and more) on every scale degree.

I'll stop there. I first read about Spiral Tuning in Steve Baker's Harp handbook
(highly recommended, BTW). Then Seydel made it commercially available. Then
Seydel created the Harp Configurator, allowing John Broecker (first) and me
(second) to obtain Seydel Chromatic Deluxes with Circular Tuning: 3.5 octaves
with the same advantages listed above.

TANSTAAFL - pick your desired form of poison to swallow.

Try it sometime,
Crazy Bob (the Circular Tuned evangelist)