Re: [Harp-L] Vocal processor

I decided to try the gear I already have before buying a vocal processor.  I took my Digitech RP250, which I'm otherwise not using at the moment, and set it up with a compressor, a direct amp and cabinet model with the volume jacked up, an EQ that smooths out the low and high ends, an analog delay, and a plate reverb.  I put it together with my AKG BT330D stick vocal mic, and the sound of the vocals is significantly improved--much clearer and apparently louder, with ambience that I can control using the footpedal.  I've added a few variations that include chorus and detune FX, both of which fatten up the sound nicely.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work well is octave doubling.  For some reason, when I add a low octave or double octave effect, there's a significant amount of hiss on certain syllables, and I can't seem to get it out of the sound. So it works for vocals, but not for vocal harmonies, at least not yet.

It's occurred to me that a number of the people who've licensed my patch sets might be able to use an RP patch designed for singing, so I'll include a few patches like this in my next update.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick