Re: [Harp-L] Bela Fleck with Howard last night review

Michael,

As I recall, in the radio interview Howard does not claim to have discovered overblows. He does pat himself on the back, but I thought it was fair self-back-patting. I may be wrong. The interview is here:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/itm-listenagain/2011/07/25/listen-again---bent-spectrum/

I saw the Flektones with Howard this summer and was blown away. I loved the blend and variety of music. Howard needed a lot of room on the stage, very present, huge confidence. All the musicians at a high level (to say the least). The fiddle player -- I'm guessing it's the same person you saw -- was Casey Driessen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MipnskgF62k&feature=related

John