Re: [Harp-L] Blues alive and well

We got The Bamboo Room in Lake Worth, The Backroom Blues Bar in Delray - House band is JP Soars, winner if the IBC, Buzz's Bar out on Oakland Park, Cheers on Cypress Creek, and of course down in Miami there's Florids's oldest blues club Tobacco Road. There's live music all over the place in other clubs, a good number of local bands and musicians constantly gigging and touring acts coming through. Actually, down here isn't "on the way" to anywhere else. We're down just about as far as you can go and still be in the US. That does have some effect on the number of touring acts. But when it gets cold, there are more. The South Florida Blues Society is active. The Blues Cruise is when? I forget but the ship berths at Port Everglades. So, it ain't dead down here.

When life asks you to jump in...
Splash!
----- Original Message ----- Looks like blues is alive in a few spots. That's good.