Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â

I'm in Sacramento. Maybe it's because of our close proximity to SF, but there are quite a few blues bands roaming around and a few bars that cater to the blues-loving crowd (some only on particular nights). I almost got a solid blues band going, but my lack of confidence on the harp and time due to my 2 young kids kept me from fulfilling that fantasy. Maybe one of these days...

________________________________
From: Scott Hicks <dscotthicks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â

1.2 million people in the Richmond, VA metro area. Zero blues clubs. There are two or three venues that I would describe as "supportive" of the blues, but there are no strictly blues clubs. For that matter, there are very few strictly blues bands. I can think of maybe half a dozen. Sad...

Scott ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ  ÂÂÂ Â  ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Â