Re: [Harp-L] Re: Eivets Rednow Question

sounds like studio effects to me. not that Stevie isn't capable of the amazing, but this just sounds like an engineer's work to me.

Ross Macdonald

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Ball" <havaball@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:30:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Eivets Rednow Question

OK so here I was following the Stevie thread, and now have yet a
different query:

On the sound sample that was provided, ie:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B000001A9R/ref=pd take a
listen to "Alfie."

So what gives at 0:09?

This probably sounds like a bonehead question, but fact is, I'm a
pretty poor excuse for a chrom player and don't really know what the
instrument is capable of... I'm assuming that pseudo-plucked,
pizzicato-sounding effect is done with studio trickery? Please tell
me Stevie isn't actually doing that somehow.....?

thanks,
Tom Ball <--blushing at his chromatic ignorance