RE: [Harp-L] Songs for country tuned harmonica

How many of you have thought about retuning draw 5 a half step up F to
F# and is this common practice?  I understand that now to do the ion
scale (C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C) in first position will require a bend on the 4th
note.
In theory (and tell me if I'm mistaken anywhere) in 2nd position, you
could do it without the flatted 7th note and still get this scale (3b.
3d',3d,4b,4d,5b,5d(country tuned),6b). (but in the key of G instead).
3rd position would get this too, but with the flatted 7th on the 7 blow.
You can still do minor third with 5d'.  Do Blues harmonica players do
this, or do they keep with the flatted 7th on the 5 draw?  I suppose
thinking like the 3 draw (flatted 3rd) for the flatted 7th - with a 1/2
step bend on the 5th draw may take time to learn.  I wonder why blues
players haven't thought of this before, but it's probably because they
rarely (if at all) use the 7th note.

How would this affect chords?  Draw 3 4 5?  Draw 4 5 6?  Draw 5 6 7? or
others?

Any particular reason why a blues player would not do this, with what
reasoning?  Just want to know what thoughts about this are.
Thanks list,
JEFF