Re: [Harp-L] fjm & Ben Nathanson

I'd like to join the chorus of those thanking fjm for his tireless and expert stewardship of our favorite e-mail list! He's kept it upright and on course for a long time, operating behind the scenes without fanfare or glory, to all of our benefit. I wish there was a way for us to thank him in a way that won't fade with time.

I'd also like to thank someone who is even deeper behind the scenes, someone who has supported Harp-L in many ways: financially, freely contributed personal time, and some heavy-duty computer expertise. That person is Ben Nathanson. I'd wager that many Harp-L'ers have never heard of Ben. Some of you may have been so fortunate as to hear his fine, innovative playing style at SPAH blues jams (BTW, I'd advise that you do not want to sit next to Ben at such jams; to do so is a humbling experience, lemme tell ya). But methinks few may know of his unwavering technical support of this list over the years and of the many times that he has rescued it from the abyss.

So thanks to both fjm and Ben Nathanson for keeping this list afloat and headed in the right direction for all these years!

One other thing. I think it is time for fjm to shed his cloak of anonymity. I understand why he preferred to remain anonymous during his tenure as list owner. But now that that mantle is being lifted, why not stand up and be counted, fjm? I for one would like to shake your hand. I bet there are many others who feel the same.

Michelle