[Harp-L] Harp Case From Slim

Hi,

My wife was nice enough to get me a new harp case as a gift. I think I'll keep her. ;-)

After we looked at a wide range of cases we found mentioned here, and on various harmonica-related websites and forums, we ordered it from Slim's Custom Cases, over in the UK. The site and the work is by Christian "Slim" Jackson. I read from him about his cases on Adam's forum originally, I think, but don't remember seeing any posts from customers.

Slim's Custom Cases
http://www.slimscustomcases.com

Well, it's here, and I couldn't be happier. The whole experience of explaining to Slim what I needed for fit and finish was quite painless, and where there were questions about my gear, we took measurements. He was professional, easy to work with and it arrived when he said it would, well packed and fits my mics and harps quite well.

The cost was reasonable, I think, for the quality and amount of detail. The base case cost was around $180, but I got some extras. Turnaround time was about 30 days, including shipping internationally.

This a very sturdy, well built case, and has some features I specifically wanted, like a removable bottom compartment for mic cables and so on, and the ability to mount the case on a typical microphone stand.

Here are some pictures of it partially loaded.

http://www.waterfrontvr.com/images/case3.jpg

http://www.waterfrontvr.com/images/case1.jpg

http://www.waterfrontvr.com/images/case2.jpg

http://www.waterfrontvr.com/images/case4.jpg

I don't have any association with Slim other than as a satisfied customer. Hope this helps someone down the road who is considering a case as I was.

Regards,

Johncn