Re: [Harp-L] Gussow in Princeton or messing with the "blues tradition"

I DID study "business administration" in Ireland...However,  I am  not much
good at playing Irish music... I believe that musicians should always
strive to find new ways of playing old styles...
I sat in with a band recently... The bass player kept saying "But there
isn't a harmonica, in that song, on the record!"
Heaven's above! I want to take old tunes... And find NEW WAYS of playing
them...
But that does not go down well with  the "traditionalists!
Likewise, so many "blues fans" here in Europe... Expect harp players to
reproduce for example "Little Walter's" solo... When playing a Willie Dixon
song...
I hope... That I NEVER do so... Little Walter was WONDERFUL but that was
half a century ago... I might not do it BETTER... But I shall do it
DIFFERENT!
"The beat goes on"
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now, in England...
_http://johnwalden.freevar.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevar.com)

In a message dated 10/6/2011 8:05:37 P.M. GMT Daylight Time,