[Harp-L] Re: video review requested--randy singer and grammy winner MICKI FREE performing

Randy,
you are doing a great job here. Both musical and interplay wise. The chords progession is pretty modal and logical to follow and you find some nice lines. You stop playing at right moments and when you play, you play great. Micki Free looks happy with having you on stage.
Only thing I thought of was the sound, the vocal and guitar is pretty dry and the harmonica is swimming in reverb and delay. At least it sounds like that in my speakers.

You should be proud over this!
best,

Filip Jers

2 okt 2011 kl. 18.04 skrev Randy Singer:

> I am requesting a review of my video here.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snrh-miIaWc
>
> At my club, I featured the grammy winner MICKI FREE ( he also performed with shalamar for years) and is currently working with santana and bill wyman of the stones as well as clapton)
>
> When he performed at the THE VAN DYKE CAFE here in miami, he asked me to play a few songs with him.
>
> I must qualify your viewing with this statement.
>
> THIS WAS THE VERY FIRST TIME I HEARD THIS SONG!!!!! This was total improv as I was hearing the song for the FIRST time.
>
> Not looking for handicap points, but we harmonica players have to sometimes sit in and never know the key or vibe of the song before we play.
>
> This is a real art, the art of sitting in.
>
> How did I do?
>
> thanks!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snrh-miIaWc
>

> Randy Singer