Subject: [Harp-L] Eric Bibb & Grant Dermody

Agree: Grant's a terrific player and singer - and has been well-known to
many who attended several SPAHs over the last several years. In fact, he was
a  featured performer at SPAH 2010.

Getting to hear someone of his caliber during a late-night Blues Jam with
Joe Filisko is always special. I once thought that Grant and Joe were
related - perhaps even brothers, due to their obvious bond and similarities (to
my mind).

Just a wee glimpse into the caliber of some who attend SPAH. You  never
know who's going to show up - and perhaps be seated right beside  you.

Elizabeth

"Message: 5
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 17:22:08 -0800
From: John Concilus  <jconcilus@xxxxxxxx>
To: _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

Hello,

I was lucky enough to catch Seattle harp player Grant Dermody  for the
first time last week in Anchorage, Alaska.   What a nice  surprise, as
I had purchased tickets not knowing Bibb would have any  accompanist.
I knew that had had lived in Alaska for a while early in his  career.

Grant complimented Eric Bibb's masterful guitar playing and  vocals
perfectly. It was just the two of them on stage. He played
tastefully, and in an understated fashion sitting on a stool...mostly
diatonic. Used an acoustic microphone in a stand. Grant uses his
hands  to block and channel the harmonica very nicely for different
tones and  varying volume control. Several very interactive lively
extended songs  brought the crowd to it's feet.  A fine player.

Although Eric's  website says that he is mostly in Sweden and Germany
over the next two  months (and I am not sure Grant is doing that
portion of the tour), I  heartily recommend seeing Grant Dermody play
if you get the  chance.

http://www.ericbibb.com/bibb.php?location=/web/Tour%20dates

Grant's  website doesn't have any updated tour info for the current
time period, but  maybe someone on the list  knows:

http://www.grantdermody.com/

Regards,

John"