Re: Subject: [Harp-L] someone spilled beer in my harmonicas!!!!!

Well, before my face was smashed in an accident, I used to play trumpet. There is NO excuse for a horn player to empty a water valve onto ANYTHING. Especilly not a stage. I used to hold a handkerchief. That's a way a real player does it. That's the way Louis Armstrong did it. That's the way Doc Cheatham did it. The newer players don't. What do they think? That somehow saliva has lost it's 'ickyness' over the years.
I will be at the suncoast dixieland classic in Nov. The last time I was there, there was a trumpet player doing the gross me out routine. I made sure to keep 17' 10" between he and I.   lolol

smo-joe