[Harp-L] Re: Michael Polesky

Dear David,

Thank you for letting us know. I'm just devastated, thinking he  had more
time and am sitting here flooded with tears by this News.

As you already know Michael played as much as he could at the GSH  Festival
- and I focused on getting a lot of footage of him during the several  jazz
jams - some included you singing with him. It's to be treasured. I was in
the process of compiling my dvd's to send to Danny G - so he  could make
them into one master DVD for Michael. Now we'll do it for  Sherry and Maylin -
hopefully they'll derive some small comfort from seeing him  again
surrounded by friends and in his element. He told me he couldn't play for  long at
each session because the disease process made his nose run - so it was
difficult to play, but he'd gamely recoup and go back up. What he did play was
wonderful...he hadn't lost anything to this awful disease. Michael was  still
Michael.

We sat together at the last jazz jam and talked quite a bit. He was holding
 himself so stiffly - I knew he was hurting so rubbed his  back some and he
said that helped. As he said his final goodnights and  goodbyes to Chris
Bauer afterwards I saw him finally cry...and as we hugged  goodbye I couldn't
hold back my own tears and telling him he was  breaking my heart. I now
realize he knew how close his time was, but kept  hoping against hope he'd
somehow survive this. To lose him now is so  terribly sad and damned unfair.

So many of us genuinely loved Michael. People just naturally felt this way
about him because of the kind of person he was and those feelings encompass
 his family who are also special. I will miss him deeply.

Elizabeth