Re: [Harp-L] Bending Stress in reeds (was Manji Reed Quality)

I think Rick is asking about overblows.

If you overblow hole six on a C harp, the blow eed chokes and the draw reed
sounds, but it produces a note (Bb) one semitone higher than it does when
you sound it by drawing. Why is that?

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com