[Harp-L] Great playing from a great player

   Just because I like something doesn't mean anyone else on this list has
to feel the same way.  A guy named Ron Sorin has been playing what I
call big time, major league blues harmonica since the 70's for those of
us lucky enough to live in and around Chicago.  He's finally gotten around
to recording his own solo project, "Lake City," and it's for sale today on
CD Baby: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ronsorinandthebluecoastb.  I'm saying
it's the equivalent of a very good Gary Primich or Charlie Musselwhite CD.
If you like Chicago-style amplified blues harp, you'll want this one in
your collection.
   Disclaimer: I've had an advance copy of this thing on my CD player for
months now because I was asked to do the liner notes.  And I did them.  I
refused compensation so I don't get anything out of this but the
satisfaction of helping a fine player finally get some long overdue
recognition.

Mick Zaklan