Re: [Harp-L] Bell Metal reeds

So....oh dear...I can just see where this is going to lead...what is important about the reeds being 'Bell metal"? Does it make them more durable? If it's supposed to be about tone, then I think it's a red herring, as I don't believe the material  effects the sound.
Funny; I hit the 'delete' key when any post to do with electronics appears, but I am fascinated with the info from all you metallurgists.
Cheers,
RD

>>> Mark <cahebayx@xxxxxxx> 18/11/11 3:37 PM >>>

 Bell metal is a hard alloy used for making bells.
It is a form of bronze, usually approximately 4:1 ratio of copper to tin (78% copper, 22% tin).  and iron .

Regards
Mark