[Harp-L] Serendipity

It?s been an interesting day so far.  As I get Veteran?s day off I?ve some
spare time for a change.  While I was getting my car worked on this morning,
I noticed a Popular Science magazine article about five musts for your dorm
room.  They listed a boom box in that article that had a ¼ inch jack and
served as a amp as well as a boom box.  Not the holy grail of tube amps, but
an interesting idea.  Then, at the Salvation Army thrift store I picked up a
couple CD?s, Papa Juke ?Juking at Jack?s? which I?m digging as I type
(keyboard??? doesn?t have the same flow as a verb?.).  Mad Dog Friedman is
the harp player, and the album was recorded next door on Colorado.  I also
found a David Williams & Deco Django CD, Django Jazz which I?ve not yet
listened to but have high hopes for.  I?m not familiar with Django
Reinhardt, but I?ve heard of him on the lists and a couple songs on the disk
are credited to him.  Of course there?s no guarantee they play as well as
the original guy, but, hey, it?s a cheap CD from the thrift store.  My last
find is a play along disk for band students that may be fun to practice
along with.  It appears to have rhythm and melody sections, which sounds
cool.

All in all, a good day so far, maybe I should go to sleep now?

And to my fellow Veterans, thanks for serving along with me.

Bruce K Ritter

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.