[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 99, Issue 6 favourite harp mic

Because I am more interested in the acoustic sound of harp than a heavily amplified sound, I bought a Suzuki harp mic MS-100 a couple of years ago. This cost about £70 I think, comparable to lower end Shure mics etc in price. This looks like (and maybe indeed actually is) a lapel mic - it is small and light, which I like. It gives a clean sound, to my ear and doesn't feedback too easily. It has an on-off switch. It comes with a finger clip so I can play it outside the hand, picking up hand muting, wa-wa etc, or inside the hand cup for a more amplified sound. I don't like the cable because it is very thing and easily gets tangled whilst playing.

The lightness is what I really like as I find a full weight mic quite inhibiting.

Anyone else ever used one of these?