[Harp-L] Re: Favorite Mic

Don't get too stuck on what someone else likes, be it an amp, mic, or  a
particular harmonica.

As a harp player your body becomes coupled to the  instrument... lung
cavity, size & shape of your tongue, throat diameter  and length + many other
factors make you and your  needs UNIQUE.  I have no doubt that those who have
posted on this  topic are sincere, they (myself included) have found what
works well  for them, but it may not be a good fit for you.

If you're looking for a mic I believe it's best to find a  competent vendor
who offers a wide variety, one who is more  interested in finding the right
mic for YOU, rather than selling what they  have on hand at the moment, or
pushing a limited product line as  a 'one size fits all' solution.  This is
not to say that some of the small  product line vendors don't make a nice
mic, just that you  should look at some objective information before making a
purchase.

My free Harp Mic Buyers Guide is available for the asking at my website...
harmonicaplanet.com.  The Guide will help you make an  informed buying
decision.  Greg Heumann also offers info on his  blowsmeaway.com website, still
more from Dave Kott at  greenbulletmics.com.  Numerous mic photos on Dave
Barrett's  Harmonica Masterclass website, although a lot of what is posted
there is  contributor comment rather than a reflection of  Dave's expansive
expertise.  Visit all of these places and  you'll have some hard facts, minus
the hype &  misinformation that is offered by the numerous unscrupulous mic
'builders' out there.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones
www. harmonicaplanet.com