Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 01:53:23 -0400
From: J Schaman <jschaman@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] The Forkord Turnaround VS harmonicaMD chord
harmonica
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

For those interested, I can address the ³why" and ³how" my harmonica came to
be. Working in the field of rehabilitation medicine for over 35 years, I was
aware that there was not a specific, dedicated device or method known to
improve or enhance pulmonary function. Furthermore, scientific evidence
showed lung function decline with ageing was excessive (data revealed that
it is a statistical norm in our population to lose 50% of lung function
between the ages of 30 and 70). With a suggestion that harmonica playing
improved lung function and possibly even longevity, I embarked on a study to
prove or disprove this hypothesis. The Harmonica Exercise for Lung Program
(H.E.L.P.) commenced in November 2007, primarily as a ³dose­response" study.
More details are available on the website: ( http://www.harmonicaMD.com/ ).