RE: [Harp-L] Healthy (but should be Relevant) blues songs

Bill-

  "Forgive me for being serious on a thread that was meant for fun but this is
one of my pet peeves."

I forgive you. And, IMHO, this forum is more serious than fun.

And, what about those German and other European folks. I'll bet they were white and played a lot of harmonica. It may not have been blues but they played some good music back in the period mentioned.
BW

> From: rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:11:37 +1000
> To: bkumpe@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Healthy (but should be Relevant) blues songs
> CC:
>
> Amen to that, Bill. Lets's not forget, too, as harp players, that the first recording of a 'blues' harmonica was by a white fella, Henry Whitter.
> I suppose some folk might consider this to be a bit like the Original Dixieland Jass Band, a white act, being the first to record 'Jazz', but that's history for you.
> RD

There are a ton of culturally and historically