Re: [Harp-L] Thumb -PT Gazell

On May 28, 2011, at 5:39 PM, Robert Hale wrote:

> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Joe Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With his 'signature' ultra suede valves.
>
> So, if I want to buy ultra suede valves and learn for myself, who do I talk to?
> How did Teflon valves work out?
>
> Stay well
> Play well
>
> Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL
> Distance Learning via Webcam
> http://www.dukeofwail.com
> Gilbert AZ (Phoenix)

First you get some ultra suede. Some women have scraps in their sewing stuff. Otherwise, an upholstery or drapery shop has it. It IS getting rare as it is going out of fashion. It was made for people who didn't want fiberglass in their draperies. Then you spray it with scotch guard (I use boat bimini sealant), and press it between 2 pieces of steel plate in a vise (or clamps). Then cut it with a circular dress maker's wheel. (or SHARP exacto blade).
Btw, teflon is fine. I use hypalon. It is a rubberized fabric for repairing RIB boats.

smo-joe