[Harp-L] RE: mixing brands

Wow, this list can serve as such a wonderful research-base!

I think I am coming to the conclusion that mixed brand kits are effective
when the harps are of similar (not same) quality and performance. That is
evidenced by the number of mixed-kit players responding, and by the brands
they listed.

This informal survey reveals there is a lot of mixing across Hohner products
and Hohner-shaped combs. Didn't notice anyone playing both Lee Oskar and
Hohner. (I may have missed it)

I still prefer the feel of LO over SP20. But to those I have advocated
getting a one-brand kit, I now recant that position.

The deciding factor would be: Does one brand harp respond very differently
to draw bends than another? If so, you're going to over- or under-estimate
the bend power needed as you change harps.

Stay well
Play well

Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL
Distance Learning via Webcam