[Harp-L] Re: Mick Jagger on Harmonica

Actually, my link to Sir Mick mistreating a harmonica was intended as some sort of sarcasm. (If you have to explain that you´re surely guilty of some sort of misfire.)

If I´m correct, Jagger has been playing the harp since roughly the mid 60s -- but as someone pointed out, it was Brian Jones on the early stuff --, and what is that, more than four decades?
  That he hasn´t improved beyond the point demonstrated on "Like a rolling stone" shows a rather slack attitude to the instrument. That´s his prerogative and he has been doing just fine anyways. (Also in an interview, Keef said that on harmonica Mick was "one of the best". )
  I´m not great but I could give him a lesson or two. For free. (In the particular "Like a rolling stone" context, "Eh, Mick, don´t get to stuck on that 4 D. Try checking the chords.")

I´m sure he was more up to stuff at the concert Splash visited, but we´ll have to disagree on his general level.

Cheers,
Martin