Re: [Harp-L] Filip Jers - Spiro - Solo CD released

Thanks your very nice words Icemanle!

Rick, Thanks!
I am not shure i can explain in words. Basically its many micro-bends, in various speed and pitch and with a lof of control. I think Howard Levy does the same vibrato, at least sort of.

I think I have it from playing cello as a kid, that nice romantic velving sound, to make the vibrato sound beautiful and to make it sing.
On cello the technique is moving the arm/wrist and keeping the fingerpoint on the same spot, mostly leaning/rubbing it back and forth.
I guess you can think the same about harmonica, that I have the note under control with my airstream, then I use the throat and tongue muscles to move around it.

Hope that helps,

/ Filip Jers

Filip Jers

www.filipjers.com