[Harp-L] Breathing notes, phrasing

The biggest concept I was able to grasp from playing alongside Sonny,
Charlie, Sugar Ray, Mitch, Gary Smith, Mark, was control of the way they wanted
to use their throat, if at all, while keeping the chamber from mouth to
diaphragm open. From one light tiny waver to LW's flutter, both in and out; 2,
 3, 4 controlled uses of the throat , -  I am sure many pro teachers and
players have their techniques. Only point I am trying to make is start out
correct, slow and light. Rather than trying for Paul Butterfield and then
having  to reverse it. I don't have an endoscope, other's can show you, just
trying to  save you around 25 years of time, that's all.

Met and played with Jim Liban in 1977 or 78 while with Sonny, first harp
player I saw use the trumpet type circular breathing, and is an extremely
nice  person.
By now I am sure everyone heard some of the most important notes are the
ones you don't play.. If you have never heard of him, check out the late,
great  sax player Art Pepper for his phrasing and feeling.. You don't have to
love him  personally, just listen and feel.. Sonny Jr.