Re: [Harp-L] San Fran this week?

On May 14, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Bill Hines wrote:

> I'm heading to San Francisco tomorrow (Sun 5/15/2011) through Friday, so if there are any jams or blues/rock/harp goings on that aren't already in Danny's list, let me know off-list. I have the biscuits 'n blues and Saloon calendars. Thanks, Bill

First I would check out the web site...Greg Heumann suggested to another traveller.
 (check archives?)

Sundays...not so much...

Here is an email/ evite I got that will be a center for Harmonica Activity in our area...really...
(Not an open jam),,,,but lots of professional harp players personally invited....will be there...
you will thank me later.

see below...for details

Dear Patrons of the Blues,

Back by popular demand! The next round of the Harp Duel
is this Sunday, don't miss it!

TIP OF THE TOP's BLUES HARP DUEL featuring
ANDY SANTANA & AKI KUMAR!
SUNDAY, MAY 15, 2011 · 4:00-8:00PM
THE STANDBY CLUB
935 AIRPORT BLVD
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
NO COVER!!

The next round of the Harp Duel should prove to be quite a
spectacle. At the last duel, we had a house of about a 150
people and Aki and Andy pulled out all the stops. Here is a
little sample from one of their recent Duels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiEUnBhkzE

We advise that you set your cell phones to airplane mode as
the energy will be unbelievable and might interfere with your
devices' connectivity. The above note, "No Cover" not only
refers to the fact that it won't cost you anything to get in but
also that those patrons who decide to stand in the front row
should provide their own protective gear because gloves,
smarty remarks and potentially hazardous musical notes will
be flying high and low. :)

Hope to see you Sunday afternoon!

Ildikó

--
Andy Santana Productions

Contact me off list if you like...
PS. The Club fox in redwood city has best jam...(mostly pro level)....Wed. night...
Aki ( see above) has his own in campbell..I think his is on tuesday....not sure...Not as professional...

great jam scene at bobby G's pizza in berkeley on Tuesday...and if you put a $5 in the tip jar...the great Wendy DeWitt will play boogie woogie piano to back you...what a gas....
Tell her grant sent you...