[Harp-L] RE: Blues clubs in NYC?

There's a Sunday night jam at the Bitter End in Greenwich Village, never been to it but hear it's top notch. On Monday nights from like 8 - midnight, Jon Paris -- great guitarist and harp player -- plays at Lucille's bar at BB Kings on 42nd St. He lets guests come up to play and sing. And also on Mon. night, if your friend can stay up late, Ritchie Cannata hosts a great jam at the Bitter End, starts around midnight. Great talent there, always.

There are also some great jams out on LI. But that's another story.........

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 07:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Blues clubs in NYC?
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

A good friend of mine is going to NYC next week and asks me if I know of any good blues clubs, not to far off from the downtown parts, like Manhattan.
  Of course I don´t -- but there are som New Yorkers here on the list, as I recall.
  Any pointers?

(Sorry for the indirect harp content, but the harmonica IS a prominent instrument in the blues.)

cheers,
Martin
in Sweden