[Harp-L] re: New PT Gazell CD 2 Days Out

Grant Walters  wrote:

This interview with David Barrett really tells the story about half
valving...( which I have never tried)
Really a great segment....http://www.ptgazell.com

Thanks PT...look forward to hearing your CD.....

PT wrote:

Thanks Grant... That was done last year at SPAH. There are several other
segments but you have to subscribe to David¹s excellent site
http://www.bluesharmonica.com in order to view them.

While the concept of putting a valve on a diatonic goes back to at least the
Bernie Brey days, it was my good friend, great harmonica player and genius
customizer Brendan Power who suggested to Suzuki the idea of half valving a
diatonic. My small contribution is researching a better valve material, a
reed setup for this technique, and endless hours of trying to play this
style and not have anyone know the difference.

As an aside, I posted a new video clip last night which is the first part of
a series discussing what goes into making a CD.... At least for me that is.

Thanks,

PT

--
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx