[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Session Steel (Gary Lehmann)

Hi Gary,
I have a Seydel Session Steel and out of the box I was impressed on the
gapping and the craftman-ship.  The reeds were set extremely close to the
reed plate and the response was pretty good.  However, it still could not
touch my customized Special 20.  So I took all the reeds off, filed behind
each reed, embossed, put the reeds back in place, re-tuned, and it plays
really really nice.  I will have to play this harp for awhile in order to
give it a fair rating.  I am in search of a polish for the steel reeds to
take down the sharp edges if anyone can recommend anything, it would be
much appreciated.

When you go to tune the harp, i find you have to file more often because of
the steel reeds.  But to be on the safe side, take it nice and slow.  Check
with your meter often to make sure you are not taking too much off/going in
the right direction.

Have fun
Chris