Re: [Harp-L] In line monitor???

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM, <ritterbk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  small in line headphone amp that has two outputs so you can plug in a set
> of headphones and hear yourself

Yes! Inexpensive solution for me:

http://www.amazon.com/Rolls-Personal-Amplifier-headphone-microphone/dp/B001079Q02

I played Country pedal steel guitar, and harp solos, 6 nights a week. Stage
too small for wedge monitors. I wore simple (cheap) top-of-the-head phones
that laid gently in the ear. Easy on, easy off. Around the neck when not in
use.

Up to the band leader to mix the front of house sound. I always heard me
fine. Played accurately because of it.

signal path:
mic to Rolls amp, line out to PA, plus headphone out to my headphones. AC
power wall wart, too. Fair amount of hook-up, but worth it for 6x week sit
down gig.

Only disadvantage was the cabling hookups. But I was seated for pedal steel
throughout the set anyway. One more: no effects on the mic unless you run
thru them first, then into the Rolls mixer. You wont hear any post FX in the
phones.

$50. Go do it!

Stay well
Play well