Re: [Harp-L] tracks

I was just working on a project for my daughter this weekend. I got the latest version of Audacity and was able to do some time shifting and pitch shifting. Worked both on a recording of piano which I made and on a recording of voice which I downloaded online. Results were astonishingly good. And I'm not even mentioning how easy it is for you to assemble your own multi-track backing tracks. One more up-vote for this great free software.

Seth

On 05/10/2011 01:26 PM, Jesse wrote:
I love Audacity but had no idea you could rip the audio out of a Youtube
video with it - have to try that. Audacity rocks for easy home recording,
doing multiple tracks - lots of great effects like compression, the ability
to make your recording sound like an old Columbia 78, easy editing, easy to
use, great stuff - you can whip out something decent real quick - and like
the man said - it's free!

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM, John Neff<soulchicken@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any audio online can be recorded and exported as an Mp3 file by using an open source program called Audacity. It is completely free and works great. So if you find a good track on YouTube or elsewhere you can get it into Mp3 format for practicing. This is all completely legal as long as you aren't using someone's stuff to make money and recording it only for your personal use.

Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 10:46:34 -0700
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] tracks
From: jvboden@xxxxxxxxx
To: boogieblue@xxxxxxx
CC: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

lots of great backing tracks on Youtube - maybe not downloadble as MP3 if
that is what you want (without Video Surgeon, that is) - but fun to jam
to.
look for blues backing track in G or A or whatever KEY you feel like
playing in. otherwise, check out guitar centers king of the blues
contest,
which has been highlighted here before - there are a bunch of free
backing
tracks available there.