RE: [Harp-L] Just what exactly is 'key'?

I would use a cow-bell. I have never been able to "pick out" a decent harp thing (for my taste) for this song:D

Off the top of my head, if I were "padding" which is what I usually do when in a situation where I have to assist on harp on this song, I would use a G harp but I think I play in 1st position actually and swwitch to 2nd position (Harp=C) for some fills or a dreadful solo.

If writing a chord chart, I think I would write it as 5/4 1 (key=G; to my ears G is the tonal center). May not be correct, but that's how I would do it (who needs a chart for this song anyway?). Actually, I would sit out on this song if possible or play guitar. I just dont think harp "fits" and I have heard too many bar bands destroy this great song.
Buck