Re: [Harp-L] How to tell the key of any song or music

I have less experience with this than most, especially since I'm a
saxophonist who dabbles with harmonica. Still, the idea of jamming and
rolling with whatever "punches" are thrown by miscommunication, etc. is
interesting. I play in community bands and in a sax trio. Whatever we do is
scripted and rehearsed. When it comes to "key" we have to ask whether it's
concert pitch or the pitch of a particular band instrument. E.g., alto adds
3 sharps to concert pitch; tenor adds 2 sharps. French horn is something
else. Ain't life great??

I know - this is a little off topic. Sorry about that. I just thought it was
interesting.

-- Al

Alfred Barten
RETIRED ... *and all that jazz!*