[Harp-L] great experience with Hohner customer service

Hi all - Just thought I'd pass this on. Had a run of 2 Marine Bands in a row that were just totally unplayable & in frustration wrote to the only e-mail I could find on the Hohner website. I heard back the next day from someone at Hohner who offered to send me 2 new harps! I'd heard bad things about Hohner's customer service, so this was certainly a pleasant surprise.

I do remain continually frustrated by how hard it is to get a decent out-of-the-box harp these days - I don't know what happened to harmonica quality control in the last 20 years - but this definitely restored a little of my faith in Hohner.

I'd even heard that the Hering 1923 Vintage Harp was "close to a customized Marine Band." Boy, if that's the case, I'm glad I haven't spent the money for a customized harp - that 1923 was probably the worst out-of-the-box harp I've ever played... more like the cheap $7 Chinese harps than anything MB-ish. Probably the only harp I actually threw away within 5 minutes.

Anyway, despite the problems, I've just never found a harp that measures up to the good old MB. So it was nice to get a little love from customer service this time around.