Re: [Harp-L] How to tell the key of any song or music

Music seems to be the blind leading the blind.  Many times the front
person does not know the key.

It all comes down to the ability to distinguish high from low.
Listen for the root note and play 7 blow on your harp, the name of the
harp in a pitch high enough to hear over the amped instruments without
using a microphone.  Then, if the root note is higher, try a higher
harp.  Repeat until warm and fuzzy, lying in a pool of jello
surrounded by angels singing and bright white light.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com