[Harp-L] St James

Ken wrote:

<My favorite version of "St James Infirmary" is Steve Baker and Chris Jones's version on their CD "Slow Roll"... I don't recall right off what "position" Steve plays, but its the best version of this song that I have heard, or in my music collection.>

Thanks Ken, glad you like our version!

On the CD you mention I played it on a tuning invented by Dale King where 2 & 3 draw are tuned a whole tone lower so you have a Dm draw chord and a C blow chord on a harp in C. It's kind of 3rd position but with better chording options. Of course St. James lays out very well in 5th but I like my chords ;-)

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com