Re: [Harp-L] Re: Do teachers & players tend to undervaluefirst position?

My favorite version of "St James Infirmary" is Steve Baker and Chris Jones's version on their CD "Slow Roll"... I don't recall right off what "position" Steve plays, but its the best version of this song that I have heard, or in my music collection.

Ken H in OH

--- On Tue, 3/29/11, David Michelsen Tuition <dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: David Michelsen Tuition <dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Do teachers & players tend to undervaluefirst position?
To: "Hitch, Jerry Scott CIV PSNS & IMF, Shop 26" <jerry.hitch@xxxxxxxx>, "harp-l harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 10:34 AM

I meant that I enjoy playing that tune in 5th position & was suggesting that folks try it out for them selves. So I suppose I meant my version, but it was a suggestion that you as players try it rather than a promotion for any cover of my own :)David

On 29/03/2011 17:52, Hitch, Jerry Scott CIV PSNS & IMF, Shop 26 wrote:
> I have only heard one version of St. James Infirmary played by a 70's band called Zephyr. It was excellent and they also had a couple of songs on the album with killer harmonica. What version are you referring to and who plays it?
> Respectfully,
> Scott Hitch
> Shop 26, Equipment Control
> 360-476-2751

-- D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight.
England's first  harmonica Guru.

I hope this info helps, do feel free to phone.
Harmonica lessons are currently £25.00 per hour, discounts for bulk booking are available (bulk = 10 for a 20% discount, making study £20.00 a session&  20 lessons for a 25% discount = £18.75  a session).

  I Teach from 10 till 20:00 all the days of the week. I teach from:
51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat, closest Tube Earls Court.
Call me  on 0207 373 0295 to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail-dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone: 0207 373 0295