Re: [Harp-L] Magnus harmonica

My understanding of the harmonica situation in WWII was that production continued, all be it, at a reduced rate as the instrument was deemed good for the moral of the troops.
Indeed it was about this time that the star of David was taken off the cover-plates of the Hohner chromatic.
There is a story Larry Adler tells of flying to Hohner trossengen shortly after the end of the war to pick up some chromatic harmonicas. Which supports the idea of continued production as opposed to melting them all down. How soon after the end of the war I can't say but I think the story is told in his biography.
In WWI the UK had some native harmonica production, they were tremlo's all named after birds, "The Bluebird", "The Skylark".

I've often wondered what happened to the machine plant, wondering if there is still an unused harmonica factory gathering dust in a dilapidated factory somewhere in the Midlands just waiting to come back to life again. "perchance to dream"
As far as I can tell the war office thought that the harmonica was good for moral. Which we know to be true, blowing some music will make anyone feel better.
The idea of an all plastic harp is intriguing, can you post a sound file?
With modern polymers there is no telling what could be done, the vest pocket Bass harp maybe?, After all the wing of a Bee is small but Bass in pitch.
Yours still dreaming
- David