[Harp-L] Are we a more musically educated community?

Right now with the changing age demographics in the harmonica world, there should be plenty of chord and bass harmonicas around, at a good price.  I bought a brand new one for $500.00 at SPAH.  Also the SPAH store has lots of used ones.  I don't think it's cost; it's attitude.

Everybody wants to be a lead player.  Unlike the diatonic, the chord harmonica has made few inroads into the other musical genres, after all they're for trios.  How many chord players do you see at the blues and jazz jams?   Maybe if a Levy, Filisko or Bonfiglio started playing them...?

Manfred from cold Toronto