Re: [Harp-L] Are we a more musically educated comunity?

It's a shame that even cut down chord instruments like the Chordet cost as much as they do. You can get new chord harps on eBay for a lot less than $2000. they are by Swan, I think. Even so they aren't at the pocket price for most folks impulse purchase.

One could learn so much about harmonization, dynamics and arranging by working in a harmonica trio or better yet quartet. All that aside it's still less expensive to outfit a harmonica quartet with quality instruments than a string quartet. The bow alone from my mothers violin sold for £2000.00. Oddly enough the bow was worth more than the violin.

I am glad that the choices both in terms of instruments and teachers are so much better than they were. David