I find that it isn't so much being able to plat the second bend on three in tune that's hard but rather being able to get it from all angles. As a 2nd in the key of G, or the 3rd in F and so on. There is a tendency for students to learn the bends in descending sequence and because of this they may find them selves thrown into confusion when approaching it in different directions and key/scale sets.

what are your thoughts on this?
All the best David

On 25/03/2011 21:05, The Iceman wrote:
The whole idea of this direction is to use tone sequences that are already in the inner ear of the student, so he will have something to relate to when discovering bending to pitch, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fertig<drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] students&  motivation

Dave McKelvey instructed me to practice the three stacatto notes in the Batman theme, I'd call it the first 8 1/8 notes, repeated twice, to exercise the three-step draw bend. Not exciting, but effective! Well, if you're a Batman fanatic, maybe it's exciting (RIP Alfred . . )

-Dave "Holey Harphead, Batman!" Fertig

--- On Thu, 3/24/11, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx<harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx>