[Harp-L] GREAT custom microphone builder - Greg Heumann

I recently purchased a custom harmonica microphone from Greg Heumann of "Blows Me Away productions". He also is an expert at providing the right wireless microphone equipment for harp players as well as selling a wide assortment or connectors, cables etc we need occationally.

The microphone sounds fantastic and is a visual work of art as well. If you ever want an item such as this do yourself a favor and consider Greg's business at http://www.blowsmeaway.com/custommics.html

I'm brand new to the HARP-L and have to figure out how to include some photo's but until then here is a description.

In my case my mic features:

The woods are Canadian Maple Burl on both sides of a stripe of Purple Heart in the middle.
The wood has 10 coats of clear lacquer that has been hand sanded with 1000 grit paper between each coat.
The connection is a screw type vintage Switchcraft connector.
The grill is billet aluminum shaped to fit the wood body and then carved out with a CNC machine with âSSâ (for Shakey Steve) on the front of the grill with a stainless steel mesh behind.
I submitted my signature for digitizing and that is laser engraved in the wood on the right side of the microphone.
The element is a 60âs vintage Shure Controlled Magnetic type selected specifically for its tone, mounted in a custom build element gasket to seal the sound.

Regards
Shakey