[Harp-L] good source of ultrasuede fabric for valves

Folks that use valves might be interested.
I bought some ultrasuede upholstery weight fabric from the following website
which I can highly recommend:
http://www.fieldsfabricsonline.com/Ultrasuede-Upholstery-Weight_c_12-2-3.html<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
I was able to buy one eighth of a yard for $9.18 plus $6 shipping.
It's the recommended thickness of a credit card.
I bought white (item ID #1500) which I don't see on their website now but
you might ask if they have small amounts not listed on the website. Other
close colors are on the website. They sent me a free sample of 3 different
thicknesses first.
one eighth yard is enough for hundreds if not thousands of valves.
I sprayed them both sides with scotch guard, let dry and squeezed overnite
in a vise to stiffen. They have been working great for me, much better than
commercially produced 2 layer valves that stick, make noise, etc.
I use these valves on all the draw notes for all my diatonic harps that I
tune to circular/spiral tuning with 3 variations - 1 for blues, 1 for major
melodies, fiddle tunes, etc, and 1 for minor, all in 2nd position. This
allows me to get blow bends on all 10 holes and makes the blow notes as loud
as the draw notes.

good luck!
Rich